Cannibals Chicken Noodle Soup is Pure Bliss

Sunday, January 15, 2012  at 10:53 PM
Looking back over my week...I chuckle a bit at my youngest boy, Tad who hands down can, on a good day, beat any national comedian with the things that he says.On Tuesday I have school for my boys and my nephew. I teach spelling, english, reading and geography. This Tuesday I told the boys that I was going to only have grilled cheese sandwiches and soup for lunch. I heard the grumblings from three very disappointed little boys. Seth asks, "Mom, what kind of soup are we having?" I simply state," Campbells Chicken Noodle Soup." Tad looks at his brother and says "See Seth it is Cannibals chicken noodle soup!" So I guess that day we were going to be brutish, beast-like,anthropophagite, bush dwelling soup and sandwich eaters....he just didn't know it!




Another incident that same day was during his word vocabulary lesson, while I was working with Tad. I would read him a sentence, and he would have to fill in the blank with his vocabulary word. The correct word for the sentence was litter.  So I read the sentence....and he just isn't getting it. So I respond with what I thought was "help". I say, "you know Tad...no one wants to be a L----- Bug?...right?" He excitedly responds..."Yeah no one wants to be a Lady Bug!" What! Where did that come from anyhow!?

So looking back to my final "chuckle" of my week was the day I overheard  Seth and Tad talking about chopping wood. Tad looks and me and says," Mom you should have seen me out there cutting wood and splitting wood...I was awesome! "Really?" I said. He states very matter-of-factly, "Yep..I used the mullet and everything...I was awesome!" So that is where I began to really laugh out loud, because all I could imagine in my head (being a product of the 70's and 80's) was this big guy with a blonde mullet beating his head against a log! I know he meant a splitting maul...but it was so funny! (BTW..don't you just love his arm bands....I do!) :)

So I guess sometimes you can find joy and serenity in the little things...even if it does come in the package of an nine year old little boy named Tad! (The picture above is my two little boys, Seth and Tad is the one in giving the thumbs up!)




1 comment: