Whitney Houston and My Bloggers Block

Sunday, February 12, 2012  at 11:18 PM
Young Whitney Houston
Why does blogging seem hard lately? I have many things to be thankful for and I feel very blessed, but it seems to me that I have Bloggers Block as of lately. Its really frustrating...but am I am over thinking it too much...probably. I tend to do that with things. My husband tells me the other day, that I think about things too deeply sometimes, and that causes my downward spiral. It was the death of Whitney Houston that has gotten me to thinking about this life...was she seeking for serenity? I know she has the "Christian" songs out there, but that does not mean that she wasn't seeking for peace or that she knew that peace.
 "The biggest devil is me. I'm either my best friend or my worst enemy," Houston told ABC's Diane Sawyer in an infamous 2002 interview with then-husband Brown by her side.


We are definitely our own worst enemies...right? I know I am...I call myself fat, ugly, stupid, bad mother, bad wife.....bad blogger...etc...etc...


I heard a preacher once preach an entire sermon while a man held a white, pristine piece of paper up with one black dot in the middle of it.The whole point was that most people will only look at the black dot...they will forget about all the white around the black dot. So what is that suppose to mean...most people will only look at the things we do wrong, they rarely look at all the good things we do on a daily basis...so if people around us see the bad thing then what do we do to ourselves? I mean isn't that what Whitney done...seeking only self fulfillment through her voice and music? Many expectations, but as she aged, she couldn't quite hit those expectations of others...I read where she apologized for her voice often in recent years. When seeking the approval of others, it sends us into a downward spiral with no end but one. Seeking Gods will and being persistent after Jesus is the only way to find true peace. I never said it was easy, but its definitely worth it. I have this much to say to critics...in the end I might be wrong about Jesus, and I will have hopefully led a life trying to walk after my God. But in the end if I am right, I will have an eternal life in heaven... My critics though, in the end will live a life doing what pleases them all the time and what is best for them, but if they are wrong about God, you will still have led a self propelled life and hell to look forward to. I think I will take my chances with God.




I see the hand of God this last week, I seen him answer a prayer that we all had been desperately seeking God on for months. A few months back though I began to talk to an older gentleman from my church. He said that I needed to change my prayer, the way I was praying for a particular person. I was praying and asking God to bring the young man to the knowledge of Jesus Christ and have faith in Jesus in order to have salvation. But instead the gentleman told me to pray and Thank God for what He is going to do for the young man...go ahead and take the extra step of faith and Thank God. Wow! It changed and has changed the way I will begin to pray for others. I have been praying for that young man in that fashion for several months now, and he finally came to have faith in Jesus Christ and I went to his baptism today...how awesome!


So while I was at this baptism I was talking with an older man (Bill) and his wife. The older man says to me.."You sure have pretty eyes!" I say, "Well thank you!" He continues, " Well I'm color blind, but they sure are pretty eyes!" I ask, " What color do they look to you...purple?" He states matter of factly, "I don't know, I'm color blind!" So for today I will take the compliment and be thankful, even if the person complimenting me is color blind.


Maybe Whitney relied a bit too much on drugs and alcohol to bring her that temporary joy and happiness, but I will look to what God is doing around me and be thankful for such an abundant life. He truly is the road to serenity and peace. I will be thankful for the all the white around the black dot...because I only want to focus on the good for today. 

1 comment:

  1. Ill n'ya aucun Dieu
    Le Christ lui-me'me baign'e
    dans le sang
    Des martyres et des amants du Christ lui-même
    Cre'ateur de Satan
    Amant de la mise're mortelle
    Jamais encore nous long temps voyons leurs visages
    Soyez alle' de nous
    Ah, Satans qui vivent sur terre et vivent en ciel...

    ReplyDelete