Haiti journal entry #1

Thursday, September 4, 2014  at 9:04 PM
Sampson with his microphone
I am trying to begin this journal in this beautiful place full of love, hugs and smiles from these orphans and the children at Bigarade. This is a missions trip that I believed I was suppose to be on proclaiming the love of our father God but somehow in the mix of this great "mission" I have lost my heart to the Haitians. Yes no doubt they are poor, living in very poor and dirty conditions, but somehow they are so much richer than I ! They are happy in whatever state they are in. I find this almost breathtaking yet so very life changing! For me I can not say I am content in whatever state I am in. I have lost serenity in my daily life. I have lost that knowing God is just there, beside me, in me, breathing within, desiring me to have the abundant life He offers. A life of contentment in whatever state. Samson, an orphan that can't even move or walk has a microphone he sings into proclaiming God's name and just simply sharing his contentment in whatever state he is in. Convicting to my soul, undoubtedly. 

No comments:

Post a Comment