Journal Entry about Leaving Haiti

Thursday, September 4, 2014  at 9:29 PM
I feel so overwhelmed by emotions because I am leaving this amazing place. There is a stirring within the very core of my being that I can not describe. A stirring or " awakening" that has been lost for a long time or quite possible has never been present in my life and in my very being. I write with such awe and humility of these of events of this past week. I am struggling even writing this. When I was in Bigarade helping with the sports camp this week, I seen so much hunger. Children coming and asking for food. I could offer them nothing. That feeling of complete and utter helplessness makes me question my abilities of constant conditions of "fixing" things. I can not fix Bigarade's malnutrition.

 I come now my dear Lord with hands wide open asking You, the mighty provider to help Bigarade. Help them heal spiritually. Help them to know that the God that created all things has power above empty bellies. You have power above grieving hearts and sick babies. You are an amazing Father an d You promise to supply all of our need. Help me to remember as I eat and before, of the little boy who licked the inside of a potato chip bag for ten minutes, how bountifully blessed I really am. Help to strengthen my spirit and I pray it will wax strong for You so I might be, just be, and serve you. I shall return to Haiti, by my Gods grace and sufficiency I shall return to you in order to once again be in fellowship with my brothers and sisters in Christ  there. 

No comments:

Post a Comment