Cookies, Family, Gifts and Naps

Saturday, December 24, 2011  at 10:01 PM
What an amazing day! Can serenity be found in cookies, family, gifts and naps? What is the synonyms of serenity...well here is a list from thesaurus.com ......

Definition:calm, peacefulness
Synonyms:calmnesscomposurecoolpatiencepeace,peace of mindplacidity, quietness, quietude,stillness, tranquillity



Remember the old Seinfeld episode where George's father, Frank Constanza,  was seeking serenity. When his wife, Estelle,  would stress him out or make him upset...He would say over and over to himself , "Serenity now,serenity now!" 
So cookies make me feel fat when I eat them....I don't know why they do, but everytime I bake I pick at the stuff I am making..then of course I have to eat the finished product. So does cookies provide serenity...maybe not the cookie itself, but its nice to see the faces of my children (and husband ;) when they take a nice warm cookie and praise me for the good taste. Serenity now!

Family...does that equal serenity? Sometimes there are family problems that enter into the equation. You know that feeling that you get sometimes when someone says or does something that doesn't quite rub you the right way. That same feeling you get when you take a Brillo pad to a stainless steel pan!  But on the flip side of family, they equal love, stability, peace of mind knowing that they are there for you...they have your back. Family can truly be amazing...a real gift from God if we can see past the family problems and differences and love each other and treat each other with respect. Serenity now!

Gifts are stressful to me. That insufferable feeling of never picking the right thing, the worry that they won't like the gift or they don't need that gift! Yikes...does a gift bring serenity? Receiving gifts are nice.. admittedly that old saying that giving is so much better than receiving is not always right. Those sweet gifts that your kids give you is such an amazing feeling. They always put alot of thought into their presents. That causes much serenity in my inner being. Those gifts from a good friend that just say I love you and appreciate our friendship bring the receiver much serenity. Giving is always wonderful..truly it is...nothing replaces that feeling of giving a gift to someone else. Serenity now!

Yes of all things here it is Christmas Eve and I took a 45 minute nap today. That causes me much serenity and calmness. Just taking my boys Transformer blanket and curling up next to my hubby for a nap is quite serene. Who doesn't like a nap..the kind without guilt just thinking to yourself that its okay to lay down and refresh your mind, body and soul. Serenity now!

Serenity, calmness and peace can be found in the strangest places. What a Christmas gift today! Thankful for the white chip macadamia cookies today. Thankful for all my family, including all the extended family God blessed me with. Thankful for the art of gift giving and the feeling that it gives to the one that is giving and receiving. Thankful for naps and the coziness of my bed.  Good night to all and to all a good night! Ahhh...Serenity now! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment